Followers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Some things I have been working on!


I thought I would post some of the things I have been working on.  All of them are swaps for Art For The Creative Mind.  Such a fun group!  I had to complete some flowers and two Halloween Tags.  I grabbed my Cuttlebug and started cutting away.  I choose felt for the flowers this time.  Some are in the spirit of Halloween and some are all fall!  I added my trusty buttons, or brads, and ribbon.  For the tags I pulled out some rubber stamps and played with then until I got the affect that I wanted.  I then added some word art from a pocket dictionary, as well as metal charms.  I distressed the tag using some ink from Papertrey Inc. and added some ribbon for a tassel.  For the second one I played around with some images and collaged them until I liked what I saw.  Again I added some charms and a tassel full of fun fibers to finish the look.  Elle



On a non-artsy note, I will be going out of town for a few days.  When I come back I will pick a winner of my contest.  Scroll down and see what the buzz is all about.  We are meeting some old friends of mine at Lost Valley Resort in Owensville, MO.  A beautiful place.  I will be taking the camera along and hopefully will come back with some decent pictures.  A photographer I am not!  lol  Happy Labor Day for those of you in the USA, I hope you enjoy your weekend!  I know I will.  Time to hit the pool! 

5 comments:

Tolegranny said...

Looking great Elle.

Hobby Hobbs said...

BRILL tags Elle

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work Elle. I love your tags.

Marnie Blum said...

Love your tags Elle!

Peggy B said...

You have been a busy beaver!! The flowers are pretty colors and soft looking. And your tags are very interesting...would love to be your partner.
I like the look of your new blog and the room you gave yourself to add your great informative and interesting text for us.