Followers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Christmas Image

At one of the local stores (The InkSpot) each time I went I picked up this particular stamp made by PennyBlack called Christmas Notes.  I would pick it up and put it down.........pick it up and put it down.  For some reason I was simply drawn to it.  The stamp is CUTE.........HAPPY.......CHEERFUL.  Sooooooo......the other day I finally purchased it.  My girlfriend had bought a Nestability Die set that I have been wanting to play with for a long time so I used that to cut out circles of GinaK Pure Luxury card stock (120lb).....If any of you have used it before for Copic Marker coloring then you know how thick it is.  Originally I set out to stamp and color 16 of these for Christmas Cards but on further inspection I thought why not use these for the kiddies ornaments this year!  DING DING DING!  SCORE........They are certainly thick enough so I am in the process of coloring 16 of them and adding ribbon hangers.  Isn't she cute? 
I used the following Copic Markers:  E02, E00, E0000, R20, R24, R29, G06, YG09, BV0000, BV13, E15, E17, E35
I also used a white Gel pen and clear stickles.  I am thinking about using something else for the snow effect besides the stickles.  Possibly Flower Soft in Polar White. 
Here is a closeup:
I'm off to play Sorry with my grandson Jacob.  I think we will bake some Oatmeal Raisin cookies for supper next.  Tomorrow I will be making the all time best jalapeno pepper jelly.  Yuck, you say?  So did I UNTIL I tried it!  Love, Elle

No comments: