Followers

Monday, June 21, 2010

What to do when your laying low

Today I have to lay low.  My back is really hurting which tells me I have been doing too much and it isn't healing right.  (or should we say quick enough for my own liking?).  I think if they tell me more surgery is required on my back or neck I will run away as fast and as far as possible!  Okay, what to do when your laying low.  I like flower embellishments.  All kinds of flower embellishments.  Big, medium, small, fluffy, flat, frilly, simple.  I like them all.  But, who can afford to buy them all of the time when you can make your own?  So, what do I have to make them with in my 'stash'.  What do I have to use to create the right shapes?  What colors and kinds do I want to add.  I have done ribbon flowers....very pretty but I don't feel like digging that stuff out.  So......................how about getting into my party decorating supplies and pulling out rolls of crepe paper.  Albeit, they only make small flowers, but wouldn't they be perfect for cards?  Right now I don't have alot of Spellbinders Nestabilities for this purpose and punching shapes out of crepe paper is a pain at best.  Hum............let me try the Small Scalloped Octogons using the little one.  That would work!  No sitting at my desk today.  Posting this blog post is my limit.  Nobody said I couldn't cut lengths of crepe paper, did they?  I can practically do that laying down!  ALRIGHT!  I will spend some of my day cutting lengths of different colored crepe paper.  10 layers are cut at the same time, stacked together and ran thru my Cuttlebug.  A small brad in the center that has been punched with a 1/8" hole punch will hold them together.  Then all I have to do is start bunching and crunching the layers until I have the flower that I want!  I wonder what it would look like if I combined some of the colors with layers of white?  Or used Tim Holtz alcohol inks to mist some colors on the white flowers?  How about misting gold just on the edges for some elequence?  So many ideas, so little time.  After I make a bunch I will post a picture.  Now it is back to bed, Drs. orders!  Elle

No comments: