Followers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Have you ever?

Just wondering.  Have you ever started a project and no matter what you add or subtract from it, it just is blah?  I'm working on a set of 6 x 6 recipe cards-apple in theme- that are BLAH!  I don't know if it is the colors, the paper, the embellishments, all of the above, or none of the above.  This happens from time to time.  I will be merrily going about doing my creative thing when BAM!  It hits!  What do you do when that happens?  I know, set it aside and come back to it later.  Wait a day a see it in a new light.  What if it is something that has to go out in the mail pronto and you don't have time to wait?  I, like you, try to send out my best work.  It may not be to everyone's liking but when it goes in the mail for a swap or submission I know in my heart that I have done my best work at the time.  We all are growing and changing, twisting and turning on this creative road named Art.  I tend to be a perfectionist in a non-perfect world.  Art isn't suppose to be perfect.  Art is suppose to flow from your mind.  Well, maybe not flow exactly but you get the picture.  See what I mean?  Unrealistic expectations abound.  I know what the problem is with this project!  What I once thought looked old fashioned and vintage in nature now just looks plain and bland....dull.  I think I will switch agears and do a quick happy upbeat colorful project and come bacfk to it.  Mailman be damned hehehe  Elle

No comments: