Followers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Combining elements

I just took my copic coloring sample a little farther and combined it with the Beauty of Nature tags that I have been playing with.  I love the leave ribbon I found at a local shop here in St. Louis, Missouri called Checkered Cottage.  Isn't it divine? One of the other elements that I have been using in my projects are buttons.  I have jars and jars of buttons.  I use canning jars to store much of my supplies including buttons, ribbons and trims.  They are great because you can see what you have in them, they are stackable, and, well, I just LOVE them.  Whenever I open a canning jar I feel years and years of my ancestors doing the same thing whenever they were getting ready to can things grown from their gardens or make yummy jellies and jams.  A connection to our past.  Love them!  Elle

No comments: