Followers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Happiness Ahead

Happiness Ahead-isn't that a beautiful saying?  RedLead store in St. Louis has all of these small one or two word sayings that are so great.  Google RedLead and check out their website.  Very Vintagey feel.  Today I had to make a card that included Dragonflies and/or Butterflies.  I have had this stamp for some time and never had the chance to play with it.  I decided to try watercoloring with re-inkers.  I am loving the way it turned out!  I added Crystal Effects to the top of it and sprinkled just a tiny amount of fine glitter.  After seeing something like it in the new Stampin'Up catalog I sat down and made a couple of yo-yo flowers with tiny pearl centers.  I usually like adding an odd number of embellishments to my cards but three didn't look right.  I then attached some vintage white crochet trim to the bottom of the card to soften the edges.  I went a little overboard with the pink ink around the card so I needed ot tone it down some.  I view each project I tackle as a learning experience.  I had such fun with the watercoloring that I think I will sit down in the next day or two and "play".  OH!  If you haven't checked out Papertrey Inc. lately wait until you see the new stamp/dies that are being released!  Just when I receive my order they come up with something else I HAVE TO HAVE!  Gee whiz, I sure do admire others and their artistic visions!  Glad you could join me today.  Elle

No comments: