Followers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Everyday Button Bits

I have wanted the Everyday Button Bits stamp set from Papertrey Inc. for the longest time and I finally broke down and purchased it.  Each month I have an alotted amount of money to spend on my "obsession" and I have been buying their Vintage Buttons as well as some of their stamp sets.  Well, it came yesterday afternoon and I couldn't wait a minute more to play with it!  I have been thinking alot about my life lately.  Lightening it up.  Changing my outlook. To simply "Enjoy the ride." seemed like the perfect philosophy to follow.  Enjoy my life.  Don't sweat the small stuff so much.  I love the bicycle!  I had some paper that I have been wanted to use and one of my favorite color combinations is red, yellow, and light blue.  After stamping the bicycle in black Memento Ink, I used vintage thread to "sew" the tires on.  I decided that a Vintage cream background was just what this card needed.  I then die cut the bottom of the striped paper using their large scalloped edge die.  I added a strip of the flag paper with some red rick-rack  along the top edge that divided the two papers.  It needed more and you know how much I love those buttons!  I attached alternate colored buttons along the scalloped edge then stamped my sentiment.  I think I will send this card off to a friend who is also in the mist of contiplating her own life.  Enjoy the ride!  Elle

No comments: