Followers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fourth of July

Sorry about the grey in the background.  My scanner isn't working right.  I wanted to share with you a project that I put together for the Fourth of July.  Once again I used Papertry's Vintage Picnic stampset (gotta love it!).  I went back to my scrap paper and pulled out some coordinating paper with the stars on them and added a carnival ticket with some vintage buttons.  Remember the crepe paper flowers?  I thought I would add some red, white, and blue flowers just for the festivity of it.  When I was choosing my elements I was thinking about what the holiday meant to me.  Pride in this great country of ours, of course, but also the chance to celebrate with family and friends.  The fairs, the picnics, the parades, the fireworks.  Here is hoping your day is filled with sunshine and smiles!  Happy Fourth of July! 
Copic Colors Used:  Y21
                                 Y23
                                 R24
                                 B24
                                 B26
I also used a gold gel pen for some of the stars.  I am finding in my journey to learn to use the Copic Markers that I am too heavy handed just as I am when holding a pen or a pencil.  I hope to graduate to using more color values for each section.  Tiny areas are still getting me.  Elle
                   

No comments: