Followers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Subtle Sweetness

Today I want to share with you a birthday card that I made for my best friend Carol.  I call it "Subtle Sweetness".  Some of the elements I used have been sitting in my stash for some time now just waiting for me to play with them.  Why is it that we do that?  Buy things that we just HAVE to have and then don't use them.  Things we love.  This time I pulled out some dies that I got from Papertrey, Inc.  as well as my leaf stamp set.  I used Chartrouse green ink for the leaves-just the right touch of softness.  I am LOVING my new Big Shot die-cutting machine!  I also cut out two butterflies from them and sewed then together leaving a little thread on top for their antenna.  Of course I had to have my doily! Isn't the trim on the bottom beautiful?  A Wally World special..........I simply adore the background paper-so soft and feminine which is why I colored her with Copic Markers using soft blues and whites.  I decided to use a rose from Wild Orchard Crafts to replace her flower.  What do you think?  Here are several pictures of my card.  I hope you like it!  Love, Elle

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Elle - this is gorgeous. Seems as if I have been with you a lot today but it was well worth it! I love all the texture in this card and your design is beautiful.
Sandy

Christina C. said...

This is so sweet, Elle! Fabulous job showcasing this sweet Tilda!

Sharon Caudle said...

Soooo pretty, Elle!!! I love the soft colors and everything is just so pretty and feminine! I love it!
hugs, Sharon

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Gorgeous card, love all the lace, bye Mascha

Barb Hardeman said...

Elle, this is so pretty and soft and feminine! Gorgeous coloring and beautiful layout!

Rene said...

What's NOT to like? This is so soft and feminine...just lovely!!!
Rene :D

cathylynn said...

Very nice indeed! Beautiful lace and butterfly!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

cabio's craft corner said...

That's beautiful Elle. You did an awesome job mixed the lace trim with the doily. Looks so very sweet :o)
Hugs,
Cabio