Followers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

I've been in a funk

I've been in the biggest funk since coming home from dad's funeral.  I have several projects that I need to be working on but the mojo has left the building!  What do you do when that happens?  Look through books, magazines, blogs, websites.  Remember that, even though you are unsure of the work you do, it isn't as bad as your eyes see it.  That is something I am stuggling with.  I decided to put it down and give myself a week or so of not creating anything.  BUT!......I am limiting myself to one more week.  I don't want to be sucked into feeling that way forever.  I have multiple images to color for some recipe cards, cd fragment charms to make, challenges to enter, and a Mother's Day card or two or three to make.  I will be posting pictures after my hiatus.  Wish me luck! Love, Elle

3 comments:

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Hi Elle,

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I've gone through really long creative dry spells. What works for me is sorting through my stuff. I guess I figure I might get juiced by osmosis! And making backgrounds, of any kind. Sorry to hear about your dad and I hope your funk soon lifts.

cabio's craft corner said...

Stay strong and time can heal the pain. Try stamping therapy and hope everything is get better. My thoughts ar with you and your family.
Hugs,
Cabio

Sandy said...

Oh dear Elle - that is so understandable. Honey child - allow yourself the qualities that make us uniquely human -- your grief is understandable and if I could wave a magic wand and make all pain go away I would. That last card you posted is wonderful and what a sense of humor you have. Wonderful paper piecing for sure.
Sandy