Followers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Two projects/Tag and Tilda using Charms

First I have to issue a disclaimer. I Love charms.  Everything about them.  On bracelets, on cards, on tags, on anything creative.  I think they add that "finishing touch".  I want to show you two projects today using the same charm with totally different looks.
The first one is a tag I made for a Birdcage swap with the group Art For The Creative Mind.  I bought these wooden birdcages the other day at Archievers.  I liked the intricacy of them.  Remember when I dyed seam binding?  I had forgotten about it until I was going through boxes yesterday so I thought I would incorporate some into this tag.  I also added a vintage button as this is the "feel" I wanted for my project.  Take a look:
Here is my second project using the same charm.  Tilda, being my favorite, is who adorns my Easter Card.  (you know me, I LOVE the Maggie stamps!).  Of course I had to pull out my Copic markers to color my image, making a mistake on the sleeve of her dress but I think imperfections just add to the appeal of a project, don't you?  I wanted something bright and happy so I added some bright yellow ribbon and my chick charm.  Isn't she cute?  Love, Elle

Here is a close-up of Tilda hatching out of the egg:

11 comments:

Jean said...

I love charms also Elle and your card is just fine.. coloring is okay and your layout is adorable.. you are taking your pictures away from the sun instead of into the sun that way the chickie is dull as is your colors and you don't see the glitter on your eggs on your card.. The only way you can get better is PRACTICE.. that is the word!!
Hugs, Jean

Rene said...

I see what you mean about our imaginations taking us different places! I love where yours went! How cute is that polka dot dress?!? Such sweet colors too!
Fantastic!
Rene :D

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute card and tag, Elle! Hello Tilda makes such a cute Easter card and your little chick charm is the perfect touch! I'm a sucker for charms myself. I can hardly make a card without them. LOL!
hugs, Sharon

Chris said...

Adorable. I like charms as well. Sometimes they just make the project.

Sandy said...

Very Cute card and I love that chicken!
Sandy

Chris said...

very cute image, beautifully colored. thanks for playing with us at CIC

Tolegranny said...

Everything is all so cute on your blog Elle. Take care.

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and adorable card and love this cute image you pick for this challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge and hope to continue having your support :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

Oh so adorable! Beautiful card - love that little chicken charm! CUTE! Thanks for joining us this week at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog.

Denimo said...

What a great Easter card!! And I know I make my share of boo-boos too! So glad you could join us at CIC this week.

Tolegranny said...

Very cute