Followers

Friday, March 4, 2011

Butterfly Tilda

I have been wanting to ink up Butterfly Tilda for awhile now but have been unsure of my coloring abilities and my ability to do this one justice.  How often do we stop ourselves from doing something just because our negative voices are loud and clear?  Of course I can color it!  I followed a rule of color by taking my paper(s) and matching my colors to that paper.  You can't go wrong if you follow that rule!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blue flower trim on the bottom.  Since doilies are all the rage this year I based my image upon a small, cute little doily that I purchased at the dollar store.  I changed my mind on how to use the green ribbon but am pleased with the way I added it to my card.  Something seemed to be missing.  I remembered reading a design tip about working in "threes".  Adding three white buttons using green twine was just what my card needed.  I had sewn my background papers on giving the card a more homespun feel.  I shouldn't have been afraid because my card turned out just the way I wanted it to!  My mom just moved into a new apartment I added the wording "From my heart to your home" on the inside along with a personal message.  I wanted to send her a "happy" card in order to cheer her up.  Did I succeed?  Love, Elle

20 comments:

RenateKreativ said...

so pretty and cute, I love your ribbon.
Hugs Renate

Sandy said...

Very pretty and your coloring is every so good!! I do know what you mean about coloring though - every time I go to color an image I almost hyperventilate. I think your card is very pretty and I am on my way to the dollar store now! Love your doily!!
Hugs
Sandy

Zoe said...

My honest opinion is that you have done a wonderful job!! I think the beautiful pastel colours are perfect. Don't ever be afraid to colour and experiment. :) I am now learning to colour with pencils and I just coloured an image 4 times because I would make a boo boo but I keep learning from those mistakes! Have fun! hugs xxoo

Michelle said...

I think she's beautiful -I had to have this stamp too & recently purchased it. Hasn't seen ink yet --too many stamps, too little time!

sue said...

delicate, fresh, Springlike and beautiful. I hope it will ensure your Mum settles into her new home. It must be very difficult for her

Anonymous said...

I think you did very well! It's beautiful and I'm sure your mom will love it. Great work =)

Unknown said...

I think you did an awesome job. The lighter colors are the hardest to color too. Keep going you are doing great.

Unknown said...

oh my that is so adorable!!!!

Chris said...

Very sweet. Love the soft blue and green.

Sharon Caudle said...

There was no reason for you to be afraid of this stamp, Elle! You've colored her beautifully and your card is gorgeous! I think you have indeed made a very happy card to send to your mom! Lovely details and design!
hugs, Sharon

Christina C. said...

You did great and I know your Mom will love this little treasure!!!!
Love the soft colors and the doily is perfect behind Tilda!

LINDA W. said...

I love your card and I know that
your Mother will love it too
Hugs Linda

Patti Jo said...

Yes you succeeded beautifully in making a happy card! And get rid of the negative voices, don't need them! Great job on your coloring, she is so sweet!!!

Cindy F said...

Beautiful, cheerful card!

cathylynn said...

I'm so happy that you didn't entertain the negative voice any longer. Look you've sprouted an adorable card with such soft delicate colors! Wonderful details to go along too!! Keep up the marvelous work and Remember you can do whatever your heart desires! Don't let anything stop you!! Don't keep your gifts buried! Thanks so much for sharing and I look forward to your next creation! Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Rene said...

Isn't she super pretty!!!! Love your fabric flowers!
Rene :D

Maureen said...

Very pretty Elle! I'll bet your mother LOVED it!

Iulia said...

What a pretty card! Love those pastel colors! Definitely your mother will cherish it!
It's adorable!
Hugs, Iulia

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute & delightful card. Love the sweet colored image and the doily is pretty :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Mina said...

you shouldnt worry about your colouring ability Elle your Tilda is coloured beautifully...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge
Mina xxx