Followers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Where have I been?

Where have I been?  Well, it is like this.  My dad almost died last week.  Do you believe in miracles?  The priest read him his Last Rites (a Catholic thing) and the doctor's told us to expect the worse.  He wouldn't make it through the night.  He as on life support and I have never ever seen him look so bad.  Grey.  We gathered together as a family to give him our love and support.  He did, indeed, make it throught the night.  And the next night.  And the next.  He was never alone.  With 5 kids we rotated and took turns being at his bedside.  If love could make him live, then he will live to be 100.  He is 82 years old.  I was not ready to say goodbye.  You see, I love my father.  With everything I am.  He is nos out of ICU and I am back home frantically getting ready for Christmas morning.  All of the presents are made and wrapped.  Baking is being done as I type.  Christmas is good this year.  My father is alive!  lOVE, eLLE

No comments: