Followers

Thursday, May 10, 2012

INVENTORY CHALLENGE #81-Mother's Day

Welcome back!  Today is the day to post my new card for the Inventory Challenge.  Mother's Day.  What does that mean to you?  You see, I haven't always had the best of relationships with my Mom.  Alot of years were wasted by hurt or hard feelings between the two of us.  We are so much alike that we often didn't get along.  BUT!  I love her.  She is the only mom I will ever have.  When we were loosing my father last year all of that hurt seemed to wash away.  So many years that we will never get back.  Does that change the past?  Certainly not.  We choose to read the book of pain in our lives and I choose to close that book and have my mom back.  What a relief! 
Mom and I are closer than we have been in years.  Hug your mom.  Call her.  Tell her that you love her.  Celebrate all of the woman in your lives.  We are the best of the best!  To be a mother is to touch the hand of your God.
Whew!  I have a tear running down my cheek lol.  On to today's card.  I choose the Tilda with Baby stamp from an older collection because I thought it symbolizes a new beginning.  My Mom and I are a new beginning.  The papers are from my stash.  I used cheesecloth to soften my project as well as a pretty chiffon pink bow.  Aren't those brads gorgeous?  I think so! 
Here are the Copic colors that I used:

Face:  E000, E00, E02, R20 as well as a white gel pen for the cheeks
Shirt:  G20, G21, G24
Pants:  R81, R83, R85, R89
Shoes/Diaper:  C1

When your done here I invite you to take a peak at what my teammates came up with for Mother's day this week.  Here are the links to their blogs:

http://inkthreadpaper-cathylynn.blogspot.com
http://christinascardconnection.blogspot.com
http://au-deladesimages.blogspot.com
http://lestresorsdenadine.blogspot.com
http://cardsbyrbowen.blogspot.com
http://sylvia-syllie.blogspot.com
http://kathysknook.blogspot.ca

I hope that you enjoy my card!  Love, Elle


23 comments:

Connie said...

I love your beautiful cards and the way you use ribbons and buttons. Your work is lovely. You are so talented. I am your newest follower. Please accept my invitation to visit my blog and hopefully you will decide to follow me too. Connie :)

cathylynn said...

Your card is beautiful and I can relate to your story. I bet a lot of ladies can relate! I'm happy that you finally have that relationship in your life. It's better late than not at all. Anyway you created a beautiful card.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Christina C. said...

Beautiful card, Elle! My favorite colors too! Outstanding job coloring this sweet Tilda.
Enjoyed reading your post too and happy that you and your Mom have a relationship again!

Danielle Champagne said...

Elle, I start commenting before I see your card. as Cathy says, most of us can relate to your story, and now to your card, very very pretty. I love this cute image, and the soft colors your chose, cheesecloth is very pretty under the image. Hugs.

Kelly said...

Elle, this is a beautiful tribute to your mom! I love your honesty, we all have those issues and your honesty and positive attitude is admired. Your card is gorgeous, the coloring and DP you used is so pretty and I love it! Happy Mother's Day to you and I wish you and your mom a great memory together.

Rene said...

Awwww! This is SO sweet!!!!! I've never seen this image before...beautiful card!
Rene :D

Les Trésors de Nadine said...

Bonjour Elle!!!! Ta carte est vraiment superbe!!!! J'aime beaucoup les couleurs et ton étampe est trop cute!!!!

Bonne fête des mères!!!

Kathy Gerace said...

i love your card! It is so soft and pretty. The designer papers are perfect. Great job coloring Tilda.
Huggeroonies,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done, I love the cute buttons and pretty colours, just lovely
Hugs Julie P

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, a beautiful card Elle! Love the design elements you've used and the sweet image! I think your mom will be thrilled! Hugs...Barb <><

Myrna said...

Your image is perfect for Mother's Day! Love your soft colors. My mom has been gone for 12 yrs. I still miss her.

Frances said...

Love your beautiful card and the cute image you used. Thanks for the sweet post about relationships. Thanks for your visit to my blog and your lovely comment on my work, please accept my invitation to visit my blog and hope you'll decide to follow me too. hugs, Frances

Karen said...

What a lovely card! I love how you used the ribbon. Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Karen

Sylvia said...

This is a wonderful card Elle!! Beautiful design and gorgeous papers. Also the details you have added are perfect with your design.
xxxSylvia

Karen said...

This is so pretty!! : )

Laura said...

This card is beautiful all around! I love that Tilda, I've never seen her before. The moment I saw it, I thought "Awwwww....".

♥ Laura C.

Pam Sparks said...

So sweet Elle! Love your Mother's day creation!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card with lovely pattern paper. What a great pick for a Mother's Day project. I am glad that you are closer to your mom. I lost my father last year too and sure understand exactly how you feel :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cathy Lee said...

Isn't she cute! I love to see the old Maggie stamps. This one is adorable and I love the colors your chose. Great card...
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Peggie said...

How sweet. Love the ribbon coming down and framing the image.

kim.scrapper said...

What a beautiful card and story. I can totally relate because after I lost my Dad(whom I was extrememly close with), I tried to build a stronger relationship with my Mom. We did become closer but I lost her 8 months later and wished I could have built our relationship sooner. Glad to read that you have, tfs

Kelly said...

Good Morning Elle, I have a surprise on my blog for you!!

Unknown said...

Wow what a stunning card and design!!!! Love the way you put the ribbon !!!! Wow stunning work as always Elle!!!!